Sunday, March 14, 2010

March - the best time in the year

4 march - my birthday! my friends held a surprise party for me. it was organised by er jie and it was pretty fun! that day, a thursday was quite a bad day, especially the first 2/3 of the day. early in the morning, i was booked by councilors cos i was late. received a severe warning never to be late again cos it would be bad if i really got into council - punishment would be double the usual. during contact time, my class sang me a birthday song. after that, the day went on with lessons. i hated the chinese lesson most, i had to do some summary thing on some uninteresting issue. i took eons to finish it. i left school only at 5. i remember wallowing in self-pity at the bus stop while waiting for 53, it was raining and the atmosphere wasn't birthdayish. furthermore, the prospects of a boring birthday (my family had no plans on that day itself, instead we were going on the following following sunday for the customary birthday dinner)

reached home at 6. mom was cleaning the house up and i asked if there were any people coming (i didn't at all suspect a party cos i made my mom pledge in sep 2009 never to accede to a request for a surprise bday party for me.) in the kitchen, i saw that mom had cooked a basket full of cray fishes and i was gleefully thinking to myself that i would have the privilege of eating so many of them. used the com, thanked the ppl who wished me on fb and went to shower.

when i came out, i saw er jie holding on the the balloon and i was, "crap! shoulda seen this coming! :(" i was reluctant to go out at first, i was wondering whether it was church friends or my clique, i noe it's obviously church friends cos surprise bday parties are their trademark, but i couldn't think very clearly then. when i walked out, i saw the people hiding under the cushions and all, they were my dear church friends. the people who came: cheryl, nat, huiqi, elisa, huishi, aaron, josiah, ivan, boaz, ezra, daniel and jonah. the rest of the night was as follows:

- they presented me my presents. very very nice ones. the balloon, the shirt and the slippers. the slippers are so nice and new that i dun dare to wear them out. the balloon unfortunately was a casualty after being hit by the ceiling fan. nevertheless, the presents are still very dear to me!

- i made it a point to thank everyone and take a personal pic with them

- i viewed the ppt presentation dedicated to me from ck as er jie played wonderful tonight on the piano. haha, it mentioned a few character traits of mine that start with c. eg cheeky, clever... i can't remember all, but thanks a lot ck! :)

- we played 2 rounds of 'don't forget the lyrics'

- dinner by mom, super good dinner. she rocks man, being able to cater such great food on my birthday.

- cut birthday cake. i had to make a speech out the cuff, started crapping a great deal, hope the audience weren't bored to death. the cake was choc + macadamia nuts + rum. also done by my capable mom. she rawks!

- played guitar for phantom of the opera while ezra and huishi sang. super fun project!

- videoed the 'performance', went on to do do re mi with cheryl and nat. videoed that down too

- with that, my party ended. THANKS ALL WHO CAME, YALL MADE MY BIRTHDAY EXTRAORDINARY

lastly, i must thank my dad immensely. he has bought me so many stuff since feb. he bought me all my school stuff - books, attire etc. when we went to queensway, he bought me a sunlight responsive FRISBEE (it turns purple in the sun), an ACOUSTIC GUITAR, and my black nike school shoes. and just yesterday, he purchased a macbook for me. and today, he sponsored my dinner at boshi sushi. great dad in this aspect!! muacks! i will miss my birthday this year for so many reasons.

oh yes, i did my theory exam yesterday too, before the it show. it was good la, except that i defined 'sehr' wrongly, duh. :( i put 'a little' instead of 'very'. so dumb of me, actually i had some inkling of 'very' over 'a little', but didn't dare to change. :(